Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Alindragulin on January 27, 2012, 03:36:14 pm

Title: Imacon Flextight Precision II
Post by: Alindragulin on January 27, 2012, 03:36:14 pm
I have a Imacon Flextight Precision II.

It is run by a scsi connector to the an old ass Mac G4

I havent used it for a few months and when I went to power it on yesterday it clicked but didn't power on. I changed the bulbs but still no power. If I hold the button down it just keeps making a clicking sound and doesn't power up.

Is there anyone out there that had the same problem and resolved it?

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Alin Dragulin
alindragulin.com
Title: Re: Imacon Flextight Precision II
Post by: swimwivsquid on January 28, 2012, 04:31:16 pm
Don't know where you are based but these guys are worth contacting. Bought a Flextight off them a number of years ago. Unfortunately don't have it now since selling our lab. Always very helpful.
Bodoni Systems
Unit 19, Orbital 25 Business Park
Dwight Road
Watford
Herts
WD18 9DA


[email protected]


☎: 01923 220530
⌸: 07939 110487
❐ : 01923 225654
Skype: bodoniphil


Visit our online shop at
www.bodoni.co.uk
Title: Re: Imacon Flextight Precision II
Post by: degrub on January 28, 2012, 07:11:10 pm
Do any lights come on, even briefly ?
Any carriage lock on the scanner head ? i'm not familiar with those scanners, but anything that would lock up the head transport motor could cause an overload or a circuit trip.
Sounds like the internal power  supply could be blown. Can you smell any burned electronics smell around the power supply ? 
Either that or the power supply is "crowbarring" to protect itself from excessive load, usually a short, downstream.
Frank
Title: Re: Imacon Flextight Precision II
Post by: Mike Sellers on January 29, 2012, 08:57:12 pm
I think there is an Imacon users group on Yahoo.
Mike