Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Bill Koenig on January 26, 2012, 01:20:29 pm
-
I've printed pano's up to 36" on my 3800, it can be a bit tricky to get the paper to feed right but it works.
Now I have a pano that's 40" long, I've heard of people doing this on a 3800 using a inexpensive third party app, but for the life of me I can't find it.
I don't want to spend a lot money on a fancy rip, I could just send it out, but I thought I'd run my question by here first.
Thanks for any help.
-
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=36819.0 ;)
-
The link to the User Defined Paper Size Utility doesn't work and I can't find any contact info.
Does anyone have a copy? If so, could you contact me off list?
-
Realize that that workaround is only for PC's and a specific old version of the 3800 driver (mmm, v5.5?) and it will not work w/ a 'modern' driver (nor any 3880).
-
Thanks Sharon that did the trick. The PDF won't load, I haven't tried the zip file yet.
I should have v5.5 on my Epson 3800 on my old WinXP box as well as CS3 and CS2, so we'll see.
-
I'm pretty sure I have the v5.11 Win driver .exe if you need it.
-
Thanks Howardm, but the link that NikoJorj gave me, to a post from Dave Sutton back in 2009, had a link to the 5.5 driver. Logged on to my old WinXP box and down graded the driver. I haven't printed from XP in a couple of years, but I have it set up as duel boot.
Dave also emailed me the "User Defined Paper Size Utility file" which is good because the file I down loaded (after Sharon told me how) was corrupted.
I will report back as to how it all goes.
-
But the burning issue is how do you do it on a 3880.... :'(
-
a RIP or some such. Epson changed the driver so a cheap hack isn't workable.