Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: kers on January 24, 2012, 06:46:46 pm
-
hello,
In 2008 I bought the HP advanced Profiling solution to help me profile my Z3100 a little better. It worked well but today I have two problems..
The colorimeter that came with the software ( Xrite display 2) is completely off and now it is degraded into an usb key to let the software run….
And today I discovered that the latest version of APS 1.41 is not supported by MacOSX 10.7 Lion, already about one year on the market. APS is the only program that makes it impossible for me to do an upgrade from 10.6…
The website of the APS is made only for input but not for feedback and in the partsstore of HP I cannot find any new parts…
Does anybody know where i can buy a new colorimeter?
-
My advice is to keep that HP branded/rommed Eye 1 Display II as a USB dongle for the software and buy a better colorimeter for your display + the free dispalGui to calibrate + profile your monitor. There are better display colorimeters on the market today, see:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=53825.0
read the last pages too, new meters added.
The two HP E1s here are still good and I use them with dispalGui + a matrix correction for the monitor and colorimeter that can be created with dispalGui + a spectrometer. The new X-Rite colorimeters are way better though and easier to use. APS is still running here on Vista 64 and XP 32. In general I see less issues with HP Utility and APS running on XP so I keep an old system usable for that and more.
met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst
Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/
-
Ah Ernst,
thank you for your advice. The only problem is that HP APS refuses to work with any other colorimeter...
So I need also new monitor calibration software...
By coincidence I have a Xrite DTP94B colorimeter that came with an Eizo screen..
I have used it succesfully with Basiccolor display software..
Do you think it is a good idea to buy this software or is there any better..
If you have any ideas i would be interested to know..
Regards,
Pieter Kers
-
By coincidence I have a Xrite DTP94B colorimeter that came with an Eizo screen..
I have used it succesfully with Basiccolor display software..
Pieter Kers
Check whether it is compatible with ArgyllCMS - DispcalGui .
http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/instruments.html
Shareware software.
met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst
Shareware too:
330+ paper white spectral plots:
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
-
Thanks again! I will look into it.. ( the Basiccolor software was a trail ...btw a new version 5.0 is out)
Now i would like you to ask something else..off topic
I understand you work a lot with the z3100.
As a photographer I use it for quality control before i send my photos out and of course for large prints.
For my large prints i use HP prof satin paper ...
But would you know a high gloss paper that comes out good ?
At the moment i use HP everyday pigment paper glossy just for my reference prints - It seems to me one of the best ( and cheapest) glossy papers but too thin and not made for archival printing...
thanks in advance..
Pieter Kers
-
At the moment i use HP everyday pigment paper glossy just for my reference prints - It seems to me one of the best ( and cheapest) glossy papers but too thin and not made for archival printing...
thanks in advance..
Pieter Kers
Still using the HP Premium ID Gloss that is close to your Everyday white and gloss but a bit thicker. HP text on the back. Aardenburg only tested the HP Prof Satin as a pigment compatible RC paper so I do not know the fade resistance of the other HP RC papers.
Satin and Semi-Matte is used more here. Ilford, Epson and HP.
met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst
Shareware too:
330+ paper white spectral plots:
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
-
Oddly enough, my copy of APS seems to work fine with Lion - nobody was more surprised than I.
Did yours actually fail, or are you taking someone's word for the fact that it won't work?
The Eye 1 Display II doesn't work correctly with LED backlit monitors - that may be your issue with monitor calibration if you've upgraded your display. The X-Rite Colormunki Display and i1 Display Pro both work correctly with LED backlit monitors.