Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: mbalensiefer on January 24, 2012, 02:44:51 pm

Title: PS 5.5 timeline?
Post by: mbalensiefer on January 24, 2012, 02:44:51 pm
Does anyone have a clue as to when the next version (5.5) will come out?
Title: Re: PS 5.5 timeline?
Post by: Schewe on January 24, 2012, 03:35:26 pm
Creative Suite 5.5 is already out and contains Photoshop CS5.1. There won't be another dot release before CS6 comes out.
Title: Re: PS 5.5 timeline?
Post by: mbalensiefer on January 24, 2012, 03:40:35 pm
May I change my thread topic then to "PS 6.0 Timeline"?
  Anybody have a clue? :)

 I imagine that this is when PS's Unblur feature will be coming out.
Title: Re: PS 5.5 timeline?
Post by: Walter Schulz on January 24, 2012, 04:27:39 pm
May I change my thread topic then to "PS 6.0 Timeline"?

You may.

Anybody have a clue? :)

Photoshop 6.0 (code name: Venus in Furs) was released September 2000. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Photoshop_release_history

I imagine that this is when PS's Unblur feature will be coming out.

Keep up your optimism!

If your question was about CS 6 (version 13, if Adobe is not as superstitious as other companies):
Who knows doesn't talk. Who talks doesn't know.

See Wikipedia for Non-Disclosure-Agreement.

Ciao, Walter

Title: Re: PS 5.5 timeline?
Post by: famalam on January 25, 2012, 07:07:31 pm
I'd imagine towards the end of this year for ps6, surely?
Title: Re: PS 5.5 timeline?
Post by: Schewe on January 25, 2012, 07:14:23 pm
I'd imagine towards the end of this year for ps6, surely?

Adobe has already stated that cS6 would be coming out Spring, 2012. They haven't stated a specific date or month but as far as I know, the astronomical spring begins Tuesday, March 20, 2012, and ends Tuesday, June 19, 2012. Course, I'm not sure Adobe meant "astronomical spring"...

:~)
Title: Re: PS 5.5 timeline?
Post by: stamper on January 26, 2012, 04:56:55 am
Adobe has already stated that cS6 would be coming out Spring, 2012. They haven't stated a specific date or month but as far as I know, the astronomical spring begins Tuesday, March 20, 2012, and ends Tuesday, June 19, 2012. Course, I'm not sure Adobe meant "astronomical spring"...

:~)

They are referring to the cost?  :)
Title: Re: PS 5.5 timeline?
Post by: DougStocks on January 29, 2012, 09:26:36 pm
  If you have not seen this yet, here is "sneak peak #1" of CameraRaw7 on the Photoshop Youtube channel.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBIf9KljT68