Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: philipkenney on January 24, 2012, 08:06:06 am

Title: Epson 7900 firmware updater fail
Post by: philipkenney on January 24, 2012, 08:06:06 am
Hi guys! I have been trying to update the ethernet firmware on my 7900 but every time I open the remote panel 2 utility it fails to get printer information. The printer utility, epsonnet, and printer watcher all see the printer, but remote utility cannot. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled once with no luck as well as updated my driver. It is obviously still talking to the computer fine in all programs but remote panel.

Any one have this issue and a way to fix it?
Title: Re: Epson 7900 firmware updater fail
Post by: Paul2660 on January 24, 2012, 11:45:41 am
Do you have paper loaded in the printer?  If you don't the updater won't see the printer as "ready" and will not work. 
 
Load a sheet or some roll paper and see if it won't make the connection.

Paul Caldwell
Title: Re: Epson 7900 firmware updater fail
Post by: philipkenney on January 25, 2012, 08:42:48 am
Worked like a charm, thanks! I'm trying to get the EDM set up so I can start estimating my costs. Been a hassle so far being on a MAC!