Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: kevs on January 23, 2012, 10:54:55 pm

Title: Contact sheet: where to set size & can I print with another software?
Post by: kevs on January 23, 2012, 10:54:55 pm
Using contact sheet for first time. nice! Blows away Photoshop just as the LR web galleries blow away all others.

Question: I cannot find where to set the print size, I want to do 11x14

Also can I save the file and print from Imageprint?

The help page online talked about templates. I don't see them. Thank You.
Title: Re: Contact sheet: where to set size & can I print with another software?
Post by: RogerW on January 24, 2012, 04:52:46 am
The left-hand panel in the print module shows LRs templates and this is where you can save your own settings as you build-up your own versions.

At the bottom, is a (pretty big) Page Setup button - use this to choose your print paper size!

To print outside LR, use the Print to jpg option on the right-hand side (near the bottom).  This will save your layout (with images) as a jpg.  You can then open this in your other software to print or whatever else you wish to do.
Title: Re: Contact sheet: where to set size & can I print with another software?
Post by: kevs on January 24, 2012, 10:49:03 am
Thanks Roger appreciate it. Just can't find that print to jpeg you mentioned, looking hard.... where is it again?
Title: Re: Contact sheet: where to set size & can I print with another software?
Post by: RogerW on January 24, 2012, 12:13:42 pm
Assuming your using LR3, then at the bottom of the right-hand where it says "print job", the next line down has an option "print to " where you choose (using the little up-down arrows, either "Printer" or "JPEG file".
Title: Re: Contact sheet: where to set size & can I print with another software?
Post by: kevs on January 25, 2012, 12:16:17 am
thanks Roger, btw does this site now has some issues with auto log in? I check to stay logged in and still have to log in every time -- Also, email notification is spoty..I think  dang!

Finally  -- does this insert image work here? it just seems to add html  code...

Here : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/839/screenshot20120124at912.jpg/

I don't see print job or print to. I am on LR 3. thanks a lot!
Title: Re: Contact sheet: where to set size & can I print with another software?
Post by: Geraldo Garcia on January 25, 2012, 12:31:01 am
I don't see print job or print to. I am on LR 3. thanks a lot!

In the upper middle of your image, at the right side. The name of the last panel is "Print Job" and the first option, just below it, is "Print to".

Best regards.
Title: Re: Contact sheet: where to set size & can I print with another software?
Post by: kevs on January 25, 2012, 10:50:10 am
thanks Gerald, found it!