Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: olaf on January 23, 2012, 01:09:12 pm

Title: LR4 book module
Post by: olaf on January 23, 2012, 01:09:12 pm
Hi everyone.
I want to crop the photos I'm using in my book to the right size for the preset frames, i.e. two on a page. But I can't find how to turn on rulers in LR4 which would give me exact dimensions of the frames for cropping.

I'm sure its just something I'm not 'seeing'. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Title: Re: LR4 book module
Post by: jrsforums on January 23, 2012, 01:47:46 pm
In LR, all cropping is done as aspect ratios.

John
Title: Re: LR4 book module
Post by: olaf on January 24, 2012, 04:04:13 am
Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. The issue is that whilst I can select a 2 up preset book template I have no exact idea of the dimensions of the two image frames. The solution appears to be 'drag & drop & fiddle with zoom'. Which seems haphazard, built for speed rather than accuracy and at odds with the very high standards of the rest of the programme. 


In LR, all cropping is done as aspect ratios.

John