Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: prepper on January 23, 2012, 10:00:46 am
-
I'm looking for a double sided paper for design comps proofing on an HPZ2100, we've been using Red River Zeppelin 45# on an HP130 but it streaks and scuffs terribly on the z2100, guess we just haven't found the right paper setting yet, any recommendations?
Thanks
-
I always had the impression that the Red River Zeppelin Semi-Gloss was a dye compatible paper and not usable for pigment printers, you confirmed that. The Tecco EFI Proof 9155 Duo Semi-Matte is the same according my spectral plots and my fingers.
Check the Coated Qualities and Coated RC Qualities in SpectrumViz for alternatives, proof papers fall in those two categories.
met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst
Shareware too:
330+ paper white spectral plots:
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
-
Hi
Ilford make Galerie Smooth Pearl in a double sided version called Galerie Smooth Pearl DUO @ 290g/m2
Might be a suggestion .
Jon
-
"I always had the impression that the Red River Zeppelin Semi-Gloss was a dye compatible paper and not usable for pigment printers, you confirmed that."
You may be right Enrst, I checked and the 130 is dye-based and the Z2100 is pigment. The paper in the Zeppelin box lists different paper selections in printer for Epson dye or pigment inks, but doesn't say on the HP. They only list a couple HP's that I don't know what they are and the 130, nothing about the Z2100 so it probably doesn't work in that.
Thanks