Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Roberto Frieri on January 18, 2012, 02:57:40 pm

Title: In the shadow
Post by: Roberto Frieri on January 18, 2012, 02:57:40 pm
M8 + Distagon 4/18
Capture One 6
Title: Re: In the shadow
Post by: Rob C on January 18, 2012, 03:04:44 pm
Oh yes!

Rob C
Title: Re: In the shadow
Post by: jalcocer on January 18, 2012, 03:54:22 pm
Great shot!

Please excuse my ignorance, but where is it?? seems familiar to me
Title: Re: In the shadow
Post by: RSL on January 18, 2012, 03:55:34 pm
Splendid, Roberto. Best thing I've seen you post on here yet. Bravo!
Title: Re: In the shadow
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on January 18, 2012, 04:09:32 pm
I love it. Brilliant.

Jeremy
Title: Re: In the shadow
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on January 18, 2012, 05:22:34 pm
Very nice, almost abstract composition! Is the dark gray area to the right a cloud?
Title: Re: In the shadow
Post by: armand on January 18, 2012, 06:04:09 pm
I like it, abstract compositions like this get to me much easier.

Very nice, almost abstract composition! Is the dark gray area to the right a cloud?
On my monitor it looks like a mountain
Title: Re: In the shadow
Post by: Rob C on January 18, 2012, 06:23:00 pm
I like it, abstract compositions like this get to me much easier.
On my monitor it looks like a mountain


Then have a peep at the bull in the other place! What kind of monitor do you have? ( ;-) )

Rob C
Title: Re: In the shadow
Post by: armand on January 18, 2012, 06:32:38 pm

Then have a peep at the bull in the other place! What kind of monitor do you have? ( ;-) )

Rob C

Already saw it. HP LP2475w (calibrated). I used Firefox and seem to see some texture in it, even if the shape is not that obvious.

PS. and no, I don't see any horns there  :)
Title: Re: In the shadow
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 18, 2012, 07:34:47 pm
I'll echo the bravos.

Eric
Title: Re: In the shadow
Post by: mjrichardson on January 18, 2012, 11:17:03 pm
That's beautiful!

I think the area on the right is very mountain looking too!

Mat
Title: Re: In the shadow
Post by: Roberto Frieri on January 19, 2012, 04:53:47 am
Thank you all very much for your comments.

This is a church in Riva del Garda (see Google map here http://g.co/maps/4ephg (http://g.co/maps/4ephg))

On the right side there is a mountain.

(Sorry for my poor english).
Title: Re: In the shadow
Post by: jalcocer on January 19, 2012, 08:21:03 am
Thank you all very much for your comments.

This is a church in Riva del Garda (see Google map here http://g.co/maps/4ephg (http://g.co/maps/4ephg))

On the right side there is a mountain.

(Sorry for my poor english).

Don't apologize for you english, I'm also non native on the english side, from Mexico to be more precise. Just saw some photos of Riva del Garda and have to say looks like a really beautiful place, please post more pictures of it if you can, it's simply beautiful.

And great job on the picture
Title: Re: In the shadow
Post by: feethea on January 19, 2012, 01:08:42 pm
+1 from me to. Very nice image.

Barry
Title: Re: In the shadow
Post by: ivan muller on January 19, 2012, 03:05:30 pm
Roberto, well seen, well exposed ....great!
Title: Re: In the shadow
Post by: wolfnowl on January 20, 2012, 02:00:50 am
+2 even!  Well done.

Mike.
Title: Re: In the shadow
Post by: EduPerez on January 26, 2012, 03:17:25 am
I see this photograph has received some good critics, from people whose opinion I respect and usually share; but the fact is that it does not say anything to me. May I ask what do you find interesting in this image? I'm not trying to criticize, just have this feeling that I am losing something... Thanks!
Title: Re: In the shadow
Post by: Rob C on January 26, 2012, 03:42:09 pm
I see this photograph has received some good critics, from people whose opinion I respect and usually share; but the fact is that it does not say anything to me. May I ask what do you find interesting in this image? I'm not trying to criticize, just have this feeling that I am losing something... Thanks!



You're not going to believe this: the feeling of getting to the Ferry Terminal in Barcelona as you drive towards the Montjuic hill through the tunnels along the Autopista from Gerona. It's been a long time, unfortunately, but that's what came to mind. It often does.

Rob C
Title: Re: In the shadow
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on January 29, 2012, 04:56:09 pm
Excellent!

Beautifully considered and well balanced composition. Definitely one for the portfolio.

Dave
Title: Re: In the shadow
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on January 30, 2012, 07:22:31 am
I see this photograph has received some good critics, from people whose opinion I respect and usually share; but the fact is that it does not say anything to me. May I ask what do you find interesting in this image? I'm not trying to criticize, just have this feeling that I am losing something... Thanks!

For me it is the accuracy and placing of the compositional elements within it, as well as being a very satisfactory image to look at, it has a very pleasing and symmetrical balance to it. I also like the fact that it is not an obvious image but is the result of the creative process of seeing, it is a well observed image and an abstraction of reality that works very well - It is a complete image.

Dave
Title: Re: In the shadow
Post by: RSL on January 30, 2012, 09:25:39 am
Exactly. The composition is what makes the picture. It's surrealism at its best.
Title: Re: In the shadow
Post by: hjulenissen on January 31, 2012, 04:26:03 am
Simple and nice. I like it!

-h