Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on January 17, 2012, 12:59:41 pm

Title: Ensconced
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on January 17, 2012, 12:59:41 pm
Ensconced (http://www.parrikar.com/blog/2012/01/17/ensconced/)

(http://www.parrikar.org/images/LL/near-vik.jpg)

Title: Re: Ensconced
Post by: sdwilsonsct on January 17, 2012, 04:04:32 pm
Great colours and textures, Rajan. I like what you did with the sky: it's present but subordinate, making a nice frame.

I'm surprised no one here seems to have mentioned the video "Heima" by the Icelandic group Sigur Ros. Lots of Icelandic scenery. Available on iTunes and Youtube. Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZYIfUdIyfs
Scott
Title: Re: Ensconced
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on January 17, 2012, 04:12:12 pm
Scott,

I like the following video, with the beautiful vocals of Magnús Sigmundsson, made after the financial collapse of Iceland -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4d2D7elf8s

Title: Re: Ensconced
Post by: John E on January 17, 2012, 04:29:20 pm
That was very moving, Rajan, thanks for posting the link. Makes me want to see the movie.

John
Title: Re: Ensconced
Post by: wolfnowl on January 18, 2012, 01:44:16 am
Bad place to be in an avalanche?

Nicely done though...

Mike.
Title: Re: Ensconced
Post by: Dewi Sant on January 18, 2012, 12:55:07 pm
I love this image Rajan, rarely do I look at a photo these days and say to myself "Wow" but this one had just that effect. I think it's the simplicity of the shot which makes it so powerful - less is very definitely more in this case. Keep the Iceland shots coming, I really enjoy seeing them.

I really must go back there one day soon. I was watching (for about the 4th time) "Julia Bradbury's Icelandic Walk" on TV a few weeks ago which once again brought back wonderful memories of the unique and wonderful landscapes there.

Dewi

P.S, just watched those videos - truly magnificent
Title: Re: Ensconced
Post by: azrussell132 on January 18, 2012, 09:56:39 pm
Beautiful image!
Title: Re: Ensconced
Post by: feethea on January 19, 2012, 09:55:47 am
A really lovely image. It never ceases to amaze me how much power so little red can have over other colours.

Barry
Title: Re: Ensconced
Post by: jalcocer on January 20, 2012, 08:39:45 am
I wander if they go to the grocery store that often, :)

Really like the picture, and the composition