Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: russellsnr on January 15, 2012, 12:54:06 pm
-
Hi, Just a small stream I came across.
(http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h443/russellsnr/Small-Stream.jpg)
Thank You for looking
Russ
-
The stream is pretty and I like the cloud and the brightly-lit hills in the distance. The mass of vegetation in the middle of the photo, however, looks to me to be muddy and under-lit. I can understand why,but it spoils the shot. Can you bring them up a little?
Jeremy
-
Hi Russell
All in all it's a pretty descent photo. The composition is quite nice and the fact you got low works well for me. You split the scene into 3 thirds - the blue sky, the trees and the stream, which is good. The diagonal lines separating these 3 elements work quite well. I would say the photo let down quite bad by your post production. It is very flat. I looked at the histogram and your shadows really need to be increased in contrast as do your highlights. Also the large area of shaded trees is too dominant. It's a pity you didn't photograph the scene earlier/later so you could get the sunlight catching more of the trees on top. (while still leaving a descent amount in shadow)
All is all well done.
Enda