Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: roskav on January 10, 2012, 11:22:04 am

Title: tagging and rating images in web gallery
Post by: roskav on January 10, 2012, 11:22:04 am
Hi All .. I'm flummoxed.  I am trying to get a web gallery up for my client who wants to tag or rate them in the browser.  I'm thinking that none of the web export methods from Capture One (nicest looking) , Aperture or Photoshop (Don't have Lightroom) allow this.  Is my best bet to set up a flickr account or similar?

All best

Ros

Title: Re: tagging and rating images in web gallery
Post by: cats_five on January 10, 2012, 01:37:13 pm
Flickr doesn't let the viewer rate photos as such - they would have to comment.  This website might help, but wait and see if a better answer comes along first!

http://photo-sharing-websites.no1reviews.com/buying-guide.html
Title: Re: tagging and rating images in web gallery
Post by: Les Sparks on January 10, 2012, 05:52:46 pm
Coppermine Photo Gallery might meet your needs.
http://coppermine-gallery.net/ (http://coppermine-gallery.net/)
It's pretty easy to install.
Les
Title: Re: tagging and rating images in web gallery
Post by: roskav on January 11, 2012, 05:59:50 am
Thank you both.  I am currently in the process of creating a media pro catalog with the intention of getting my client to install media pro reader.  It is then integrated into my cms here... but I've got a sharp learning curve this morning.  I'll let you know how I get on.

All the best

Ros