Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on January 07, 2012, 01:26:39 pm

Title: Light on Hvestunúpur
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on January 07, 2012, 01:26:39 pm

Hvestunúpur (http://www.parrikar.com/blog/2012/01/06/hvestunupur/)

(http://www.parrikar.org/images/LL/hvestunupur-westfjords.jpg)

Title: Re: Light on Hvestunúpur
Post by: degrub on January 07, 2012, 08:18:05 pm
very well done composition. The blues and earth tones complement each other very well. Nicely balanced.
Title: Re: Light on Hvestunúpur
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 07, 2012, 11:19:51 pm
Another beauty.

Eric
Title: Re: Light on Hvestunúpur
Post by: francois on January 08, 2012, 05:46:53 am
Wonderful colors… Once more, it shows that Iceland offers very diverse landscapes.
Title: Re: Light on Hvestunúpur
Post by: sdwilsonsct on January 09, 2012, 10:57:40 am
Wonderful colors

Indeed. And I like the contrast in textures. Great composition.

Question: I think I see a slight halo in the sky along the cliff edge. Could this be caused by sharpening??? Is there a rule of thumb about sharpening? Somewhere I read that you should look at the image at 100% and sharpen as long as it looks natural. But when I do this, and the go back to "normal size", the image sometimes looks too sharp to me.
Scott
Title: Re: Light on Hvestunúpur
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on January 09, 2012, 02:31:39 pm
Indeed. And I like the contrast in textures. Great composition.

Question: I think I see a slight halo in the sky along the cliff edge. Could this be caused by sharpening??? Is there a rule of thumb about sharpening? Somewhere I read that you should look at the image at 100% and sharpen as long as it looks natural. But when I do this, and the go back to "normal size", the image sometimes looks too sharp to me.
Scott

Scott,

It is not a sharpening artifact.  I often work with a couple of versions of psd files and sometimes the version I don't want to show gets posted inadvertently.  It is again a final touch of a brush on a layer that I thought had its opacity turned way down but apparently not.  I shall fix it sometime today. (Update: Done.)

Title: Re: Light on Hvestunúpur
Post by: sdwilsonsct on January 09, 2012, 09:54:41 pm
Thanks for the information, Rajan. I'll repost my sharpening question to the beginner's section.
Scott
Title: Re: Light on Hvestunúpur
Post by: jalcocer on January 20, 2012, 08:49:05 am
Love the composition and colors, the sky looks amazing.