Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: ecobo on January 06, 2012, 06:25:16 am

Title: Aptus 22 RAW files needed
Post by: ecobo on January 06, 2012, 06:25:16 am
Hello!
I noticed a (very) good offer for Aptus 22 + AFD + 80mm at CI
The problem is we do not have a Leaf dealer nearby (Bulgaria) and can't try the system prior of purchasing it. So, I need some RAW files to judge the quality and dynamic range. I do have a comparison base, I've shot with Hassy 31, 39 and 50. I have C1 6 Pro to open the Leaf EIP files. I prefer files shot with AFD system.
As the files are quite large, you can upload them on a file sharing site and PM me the link. If you prefer, I can provide an FTP server to upload the files.
Thanks all and have a great new year!
Title: Re: Aptus 22 RAW files needed
Post by: dizzyg44 on January 06, 2012, 09:53:15 am
I shoot primarily on an A22, mostly people.  Anything in particular you would like to see?

Title: Re: Aptus 22 RAW files needed
Post by: ecobo on January 06, 2012, 03:04:07 pm
Thanks dizzyg44!
I shoot mostly fashion/people but very often I shoot nature/landscape. I'm not a bokeh-lover, I shoot mostly at f8 and above.
I want to see everything - the many the files, the better my judgment ;-)
Title: Re: Aptus 22 RAW files needed
Post by: ced on January 06, 2012, 06:08:06 pm
There should be files available on the Leaf website for that purpose, check it out.
Title: Re: Aptus 22 RAW files needed
Post by: ecobo on January 07, 2012, 04:44:19 am
The Leaf website does not work for some reason...
Oter than that, based on my experience, I don't believe "official" files as much as real-user files.
I'll check the files at Leaf's website as soon as they become available, but I would like to see some other (real-world) files.
Title: Re: Aptus 22 RAW files needed
Post by: yaya on January 07, 2012, 07:42:24 am
The Leaf website does not work for some reason...
Oter than that, based on my experience, I don't believe "official" files as much as real-user files.
I'll check the files at Leaf's website as soon as they become available, but I would like to see some other (real-world) files.

Nikolay I'll send you a few files later today You can download Leaf Capture from the website or use Capture One Pro

cheers yair
Title: Re: Aptus 22 RAW files needed
Post by: ecobo on January 07, 2012, 10:11:02 am
Thanks Yair!
I just received your link.
Download in progress... :-)

Also, the Leaf site is now working. But only one studio shot from Aptus 22 is present there...
Title: Re: Aptus 22 RAW files needed
Post by: Guillermo Luijk on January 07, 2012, 12:00:12 pm
Are these files 16 bit? if so, could you please share the download link?
Title: Re: Aptus 22 RAW files needed
Post by: ecobo on January 07, 2012, 12:07:41 pm
Yes, all Leaf files are 16bit, but please understand, I do respect copyrights and can't share someone other's photos. You should request the link from Yair.
Title: Re: Aptus 22 RAW files needed
Post by: Guillermo Luijk on January 07, 2012, 01:24:12 pm
Sure, I was requesting the author.
Title: Re: Aptus 22 RAW files needed
Post by: Pics2 on January 07, 2012, 02:56:41 pm
Hi, Yair,
I would like to see the files, too. I'm in the same situation like Ecobo - no Leaf  dealer near by in Serbia and Bosnia, and I'm thinking about buying this back. Would you mind sharing the link in public, or to PM Guillermo and me?
Thanks a lot!
Title: Re: Aptus 22 RAW files needed
Post by: LKaven on January 07, 2012, 03:06:01 pm
I don't know if bcooter has the time, but he certainly has the files.  He seems to still like shooting with this back, in spite of the fact that he owns the newer stuff too.
Title: Re: Aptus 22 RAW files needed
Post by: MarkoRepse on January 08, 2012, 04:08:29 am
I can provide some RAW files, anyone who is interested PM me!
Title: Re: Aptus 22 RAW files needed
Post by: Pics2 on January 08, 2012, 06:07:28 am
Ok, thanks!
Title: Re: Aptus 22 RAW files needed
Post by: Guillermo Luijk on January 08, 2012, 06:20:23 am
I can provide some RAW files, anyone who is interested PM me!
It would be great to have some underexposed shot from a high dynamic range scense if possible (they should look dark in the back display), shot at base ISO. If output format can be chosen, DNG would be desirable.
Title: Re: Aptus 22 RAW files needed
Post by: MarkoRepse on January 09, 2012, 07:07:26 am
Guillermo, I have just the files you're looking for, just MOS not DNG. I'll send you a PM.
Title: Re: Aptus 22 RAW files needed
Post by: ecobo on January 09, 2012, 10:33:30 am
Thanks Marco and Yair!
I have to say that I'm impressed with this (quite old) back, for it's dynamic range and the detail it delivers.
Title: Re: Aptus 22 RAW files needed
Post by: Pics2 on January 09, 2012, 12:09:08 pm
+1
Thank you guys!
Title: Re: Aptus 22 RAW files needed
Post by: TH_Alpa on January 09, 2012, 01:53:00 pm
The 22 MPx Kodak sensor and DBs with this sensor are among the best ever produced, still.

Best regards
Thierry

Thanks Marco and Yair!
I have to say that I'm impressed with this (quite old) back, for it's dynamic range and the detail it delivers.

Title: Re: Aptus 22 RAW files needed
Post by: UlfKrentz on January 09, 2012, 05:01:59 pm
The 22 MPx Kodak sensor and DBs with this sensor are among the best ever produced, still.

Best regards
Thierry


Leaf never used Kodak sensors, but that applies to the Dalsa Chip.
Be careful with moire though.

Cheers, Ulf
Title: Re: Aptus 22 RAW files needed
Post by: TH_Alpa on January 09, 2012, 06:18:08 pm
Thanks to correct me, my mistake.

Best regards
Thierry

Leaf never used Kodak sensors, but that applies to the Dalsa Chip.
Be careful with moire though.

Cheers, Ulf