Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: uaiomex on January 05, 2012, 09:29:34 pm
-
Plustek to announced at CES a new medium format scanner. If "affordable" means around $1K, I'm buying one.
http://www.geardiary.com/2012/01/04/plustek-to-unveil-new-line-of-scanners-at-ces/
Cheers!
Eduardo
-
This is very cool news. Now if only there was some way to develop color film at home too in a simple and cheap way.
-
This is very cool news. Now if only there was some way to develop color film at home too in a simple and cheap way.
c41 kits are very easy to use and easy to keep in control. I believe you can get them through Freestyle.
-
If I get one, I'm planning on sending rolls to a commercial lab. But mainly I'd use it to digitize all my 120 negatives and slides. Some 135 too.
Eduardo
c41 kits are very easy to use and easy to keep in control. I believe you can get them through Freestyle.
-
This is very cool news. Now if only there was some way to develop color film at home too in a simple and cheap way.
Home colour developing is easier than B&W with the same development time for all film speeds, the kits come as a 3 bath process.
http://www.photo-utopia.blogspot.com/2011/01/processing-your-first-colour-negative.html
Below is Agfa film developed in a kit
(http://www.pbase.com/mark_antony/image/132231146.jpg)
-
Does anyone think that this thing will scan 120 6x17 slides?
-
Most likely 6X9 max. Hey, they could design a 120 holder to fit 6X17 without cutting the strip for stitched 6X17's. But only if they smart. :D
BTW, can this be done with the Nikon 9000 or any other MF scanner?
Eduardo
Does anyone think that this thing will scan 120 6x17 slides?
-
You can scan 6x17 in a Nikon 9000 using the glass film holder - but you have to scan it in two halves and then stitch back together again. NikonScan software is not a help...
-
Hopefully enough people will buy so that they'll make an LF scanner as well!
-
This is great news, although no specs listed. Very glad I have my amazing Nikon 9000 but it's always great to see new products coming out for us film shooters. High resolution would be great as long as the bit rate is also kept high. I've been meaning to try developing my own film. RPL does mine now and they're consistently very rough on my negatives.