Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Mike Guilbault on January 05, 2012, 02:40:53 pm

Title: Scratches from 4900
Post by: Mike Guilbault on January 05, 2012, 02:40:53 pm
I'm getting what looks like a repeating horizontal scratches at the beginning of print. It only scratches for almost an inch then stops.  I haven't used the printer in a couple of weeks (holidays) but went through two cleaning cycles with it before starting.  They occur near the middle of the print, maybe 2 or 3 cms from centre.

Any ideas?
Title: Re: Scratches from 4900
Post by: Mark D Segal on January 05, 2012, 02:48:06 pm
Expand the platten gap and the paper thickness setting each a bit and see whether it goes away. The manual has instructions how to do it.
Title: Re: Scratches from 4900
Post by: Schewe on January 05, 2012, 02:49:34 pm
Looks like head strikes...is it on roll paper? If roll paper, is it at near the end of the roll (where the curling is often worse). Do you have the platen gap correctly set?
Title: Re: Scratches from 4900
Post by: Schewe on January 05, 2012, 02:51:50 pm
BTW, is there a reason you didn't put this thread in the Printers, Papers & Inks sub forum? That's where printing questions will get more attention...
Title: Re: Scratches from 4900
Post by: Mike Guilbault on January 05, 2012, 02:56:46 pm
opps... sorry Jeff.. thought I did!

Yes, it's a roll of Enhanced Matte and probably getting near the end.  I'll check the platen gap setting.
Title: Re: Scratches from 4900
Post by: Mike Guilbault on January 05, 2012, 03:15:47 pm
I changed the setting from Auto to Standard on the platen gap and it worked fine.  Funny, the manual doesn't seem to mention Auto - only Standard.

Thanks guys!