Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: TinFoilSkin on January 05, 2012, 10:56:39 am

Title: Hi Everyone
Post by: TinFoilSkin on January 05, 2012, 10:56:39 am
Hi guys and girls,

My first post here. I found out about this site via the Fine Art Photography weekly video cast. Seems to me a higher standard of forum than alot of others out there.

I've been taking photos for quite some time now, I did darkroom work at college, now it's all digital. I just recently started my own website to display my portfolio: www.sampilsbury.co.uk (http://www.sampilsbury.co.uk) if you don't mind taking a look.

Looking forward to reading / posting more on the forums.

Thanks!
Title: Re: Hi Everyone
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 05, 2012, 02:13:57 pm
Welcome to the forum, Sam. You'll find lots of interesting stuff here and many knowledgable experts who are generous with their knowledge, as well as a few folks who like to bicker about how many pixels can sit on the head of a pin.

You have some nice shots on your website. It seems to me that you sometimes have a hard time telling whether you prefer the color or black-and-white version of an image, and I can sympathize with that.

Eric
Title: Re: Hi Everyone
Post by: wolfnowl on January 06, 2012, 12:56:53 am
Hi Sam, and welcome to the list! Pick a topic you like and jump right in, or start your own!

Mike.
Title: Re: Hi Everyone
Post by: TinFoilSkin on January 06, 2012, 12:18:41 pm
Welcome to the forum, Sam. You'll find lots of interesting stuff here and many knowledgable experts who are generous with their knowledge, as well as a few folks who like to bicker about how many pixels can sit on the head of a pin.

You have some nice shots on your website. It seems to me that you sometimes have a hard time telling whether you prefer the color or black-and-white version of an image, and I can sympathize with that.

Eric

Thanks guys :)

Yes it's true, I honestly can't tell sometimes whether I prefer a B&W or colour version of an image. If I had shot on B&W film, I wouldn't have this dillema! I guess we are spoilt for choice in the digital age!
Title: Re: Hi Everyone
Post by: RSL on January 06, 2012, 01:10:13 pm
As one of my daughters-in-law said when my eighth grandson, Sam, was born: "Every family should have a Sam." And every web forum should have a Sam. Welcome Sam.
Title: Re: Hi Everyone
Post by: TinFoilSkin on January 06, 2012, 03:39:36 pm
As one of my daughters-in-law said when my eighth grandson, Sam, was born: "Every family should have a Sam." And every web forum should have a Sam. Welcome Sam.

Haha thanks :)