Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: matteoprez on January 03, 2012, 10:45:17 pm
-
Hi everyone,
I have a Rolleiflex 6003 Pro, absolutely spot onand in perfect conditions, camera that never gave me any troubles. That is, until today.
I was happily shooting, when the mirror locked itself up and since then it has failed to go down.
It is stuck in an 'horizontal' position, i.e. parallel to the viewfinder. I removed the lens, the hood and opened to back to have a clear look, but I was unable to bring down the mirror to its 'normal', 45 degrees position.
The exposure LED are all lit up, the camera is not taking any reading; however, f-stops & shutter speed are properly showned. I have also got a message 'bc-full'
Batteries & fuses are in perfect order. Everything else in the camera seems to be doing fine.
I have the original instruction manual, which I have carefully read; unfortunately, the troubleshooting sectionis not very helpful on this one.
Anyone has any idea on what is going on? I'd truly appreciate any help.
Regards,
Matteo Prezioso
-
Hello, I suggest that you contact DHW (successors to Rollei) and ask your question - my contact there is
Katharina Hartje
[email protected]
She usually answers within a day or two.
I had this happen once a very long time ago and just turned it off and took out the battery and it snapped back.
Best wishes, Neil
-
Hi Neil,
I'll do that. Thanks for the hint.
Regards,
Matteo Prezioso
-
So,
2 years, 11 months later the camera has been fixed. I decided not to have it fixed at Fototechnik because they were so incredibly expensive I could have just got another one from eBay, and that's I think the reason why they went busted, their prices...
Thank to an Italian photographer in Bogotá, COL (just like me) I was introduced to THE MAN, i.e. one of the best camera repairers I've even known. Blas Iannini, that's his name, that shall be remembered. Italo-Colombian, so incredibly professional, fantastic work.
The problem with the camera was a... how it is called, a small dented wheel whose dents were eaten up. He made two of them using a lathe (one extra just in case...), smashing the estimate I got from Fototechnik.
I finally got my Rollei 6003 Pro back, that's what counts. Back to work now.