Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Rand47 on December 31, 2011, 02:56:18 pm
-
My new R3000 seems to feed Gold Fibre Silk "just fine" from the top feed slot, rather than through the Fine Art front feed.
Is there any reason not to do so? I only feed one sheet at a time, and it is much easier from the top, than through the front Fine Art feed.
I've run test prints both ways and see (and hear) no difference in performance.
Thanks in advance for insight.
-
I have no experience with GFS, but did this with Canson Baryta. 9 times out of 10, it's fine. Sometimes, feeding it from the top can scratch the edges of the paper on its was through the printer. I always feed from the front now, easy enough.
Ludwig
-
Ludwig,
Thank you for your response. I'll heed your counsel and load from the front.
I also use Canson Baryta (almost interchangeably w/ GFS), so will be best to have one approach.
Thanks again,
Rand