Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: lighthunter on December 29, 2011, 02:10:27 pm

Title: Green ink @ z3200
Post by: lighthunter on December 29, 2011, 02:10:27 pm
When i print a calibration pattern on my z3200 @  RC Paper Glossy & Satin .... green color pattern looks and feel like a powder and when i touch it with my finger >>>it make my finger green and bronzing occurs
is this normal or there is a problem ?
Note Only Green pattern!!!
Title: Re: Green ink @ z3200
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on December 29, 2011, 03:03:00 pm
Interesting, a related observation is reported in this thread:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=60271.0

Somewhere in that thread I mention that there could be something wrong with the green ink.


met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/
Title: Re: Green ink @ z3200
Post by: lighthunter on December 30, 2011, 10:10:33 am
thanks Ernst Dinkla
Title: Re: Green ink @ z3200
Post by: SergeyT on December 30, 2011, 02:03:29 pm
Try a new printhead to see if it makes a difference.
I did observe some issues with the most saturated Green (and Red ?)patch on some PK papers. If I remember correctly they went away after I replaced the printhead. On others I had to reduce the ink limit in the paper presets.

SergeyT.
Title: Re: Green ink @ z3200
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on December 31, 2011, 04:30:21 am
With HP RC papers compatible with the Z3200, is the same effect visible on the calibration target patches? Just the green?


met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst

330+ paper white spectral plots:

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
Title: Re: Green ink @ z3200
Post by: lighthunter on December 31, 2011, 07:49:22 am
Hi
After making profile for that paper the effect reduced
Title: Re: Green ink @ z3200
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on December 31, 2011, 09:19:04 am
The other thread mentioned a Lumijet paper that is not produced any more and could be incompatible. In this thread the paper type is not specified. In my experience so far I have not had such gloss issues with a specific color including green. For other users it may be nice to know what papers could be incompatible.


met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst

330+ paper white spectral plots:

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm