Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on December 28, 2011, 02:16:31 pm

Title: Sunrise at the Taj
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on December 28, 2011, 02:16:31 pm
Sunrise at the Taj Mahal (http://www.parrikar.com/blog/2011/12/28/sunrise-at-the-taj-mahal/).

(http://www.parrikar.org/images/LL/tajmahal.jpg)

Title: Re: Sunrise at the Taj
Post by: John E on December 28, 2011, 02:27:29 pm
Although I notice some haloes around the building and in the reflection, this is a lovely photo, Rajan. Well done.

John
Title: Re: Sunrise at the Taj
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on December 28, 2011, 02:56:51 pm
Although I notice some haloes around the building and in the reflection, this is a lovely photo, Rajan. Well done.

John

John,

That was due to my sloppy brushwork.  Have fixed it now.
Title: Re: Sunrise at the Taj
Post by: shaunw on December 28, 2011, 03:23:50 pm
Very Nice
Title: Re: Sunrise at the Taj
Post by: wolfnowl on December 28, 2011, 05:34:17 pm
Beautifull balanced, both in exposure and composition.  Well done!

Mike.
Title: Re: Sunrise at the Taj
Post by: francois on December 29, 2011, 06:58:11 am
Wonderful image, the light is perfect and symmetry works in this scene!
Congrats
Title: Re: Sunrise at the Taj
Post by: Tim Gray on December 29, 2011, 10:39:50 am
Very nice... What advice can you give for best access.  Time? (early in line). Guide?
I've heard it's very restrictive in terms of what you can bring in Eg tripod?

Title: Re: Sunrise at the Taj
Post by: Chairman Bill on December 29, 2011, 10:48:45 am
It's a very nice image. As nice as any I've seen of this building, and I've seen lots of them over the years!
Title: Re: Sunrise at the Taj
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on December 29, 2011, 01:21:58 pm
Very nice... What advice can you give for best access.  Time? (early in line). Guide?
I've heard it's very restrictive in terms of what you can bring in Eg tripod?


Tim,

There was a thread awhile back about this.  Here -

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=57097.0


As for hiring a guide, I suggest you arrange one through your local hotel rather than trying to choose one onsite.  As a photographer, you will do well to tell him to STFU unless spoken to.


Title: Re: Sunrise at the Taj
Post by: louoates on December 29, 2011, 01:51:12 pm
I even like the tiny people there to show scale. What I don't like about it is its cropping. It's so good there's nothing for me to complain about.
Title: Re: Sunrise at the Taj
Post by: sailronin on December 29, 2011, 06:57:11 pm
Beautiful image, stunning.
Title: Re: Sunrise at the Taj
Post by: ixania2 on December 30, 2011, 05:02:31 pm
A classic. But its called classic, because millions have shot it before thhis way. You're living there, i guess. So, show us something surprisingly new, no one has ever seen before...
Title: Re: Sunrise at the Taj
Post by: EduPerez on December 30, 2011, 05:43:24 pm
Yes, a classic... but this one was very nicely done.
Title: Re: Sunrise at the Taj
Post by: dreed on December 31, 2011, 04:40:54 am
I imagine that the Taj Mahal, like all old relics, needs repairs from time to time.

Is there any way of finding out, prior to a visit, if and what will be being repaired at the time of an intended or planned visit?
Title: Re: Sunrise at the Taj
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on December 31, 2011, 01:53:38 pm
I imagine that the Taj Mahal, like all old relics, needs repairs from time to time.

Is there any way of finding out, prior to a visit, if and what will be being repaired at the time of an intended or planned visit?


The most reliable would be to call a high-end hotel near the Taj (there are a couple) and ask them.
Title: Re: Sunrise at the Taj
Post by: jalcocer on January 20, 2012, 08:52:28 am
very nice, beautiful, love the reflection on the water. this is something I would like to have on my wall! :)