Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Roscolo on December 26, 2011, 01:41:42 pm

Title: Outdoor Signage: HP Adhesive Polypropylene or HP Adhesive Vinyl?
Post by: Roscolo on December 26, 2011, 01:41:42 pm
I have a small sign on the road in front of my business. I printed a 3'x4' sign on HP Adhesive Vinyl and mounted it on a piece of Dibond. Sign has held up well, although some wear to the printing has occurred because I never sprayed a topcoat on it. Anyway, strong winds cracked the Dibond (my fault with how I had it hanging), so I'm going to do it again.

Printing on a z3100. Thinking about using HP Adhesive Polypropylene instead of the vinyl. Anyone used HP Adhesive Polypropylene for outdoor signage? Anyone know how that will hold up outdoors in the elements compared to HP Adhesive Vinyl? Any other suggestions? Needs to be adhesive backed as I will be mounting to a substrate. And I will definitely put a clearcoat on this time.

Thanks
Title: Re: Outdoor Signage: HP Adhesive Polypropylene or HP Adhesive Vinyl?
Post by: dgberg on December 26, 2011, 04:24:57 pm
I have a test print hanging in front of the shop.
Phototex print adhered to Dibond with a vinyl laminate over the Phototex.
Been up for 2 months and still looks new.