Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: AndreG on December 24, 2011, 07:44:55 am
-
Hi,
I convert all my files to DNG's when I import in Lightroom 3. From the Develop Module, I export TIFF to Photoshop CS5with the option to stack them on reimport the file does not show in the Develop Module but does in the Library.
I shutdown Lightroom and reopen it to see the files. This problem showed up in Lightroom 3.
The problem is present with Windows 7 and Mac's. Adobe support states that it cannot reproduce the problem thus there is no problem.
Is there a solution?
-
Only adding a data point on this to note that I have never experienced this problem (but I don't convert to DNGs either).
-
You say the file does not show in the Develop module but does in the Library.
When you click on the (reimported) file in Library, then enter Develop, what happens? Are you saying the image just disappears at that point? (would be very strange ...)
-
Hi Eric,
Thank you for inquiring. Please forgive, the problem occurs on old catalogs that have been created with Lightroom 1 or 2 and then upgraded when asked.
Yes, I do have to hunt for a file after reimport. The file can be found under the ALL PHOTOGRAPHS in the CATALOG section. If I click on it, the file can be processed in the DEVELOP module but the file will not show with the other files under the same KEYWORDS TAGS unless I shutdown Lightroom and restart it. The file will then be visible with the others under the same KEYWORDS TAGS grouping.
This weird behavior appeared in Lightroom 3. In Lightroom 2 no problems: same guy, same habits, same computer and same workflow.
My friend who buy anything new from Apple, has the same problem.
It's not to bothersome for one photo but it gets long when you are processing a hundred or more.
Thank you for your time and expertise
Andre