Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: churly on December 17, 2011, 09:16:49 am

Title: Possibilities
Post by: churly on December 17, 2011, 09:16:49 am
I know I have been hitting the long exposures pretty hard lately but I have one more I would like to show and to seek some critique on.  I have been learning a  lot from comments on the forum.  Thanks.

Chuck

(http://churly.zenfolio.com/img/s3/v38/p860625746-4.jpg)
Title: Re: Possibilities
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 17, 2011, 02:33:01 pm
I think it's lovely. It looks like a sea of mercury.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Possibilities
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 17, 2011, 06:38:44 pm
I like it a lot.

If it were mine, I'd be tempted to crop (sorry, Russ) a bit off the left edge, most of the dark reflection in the smooth water portion.

Eric
Title: Re: Possibilities
Post by: Matt S on December 18, 2011, 05:08:00 am
Really like this shot as you have converted a simple subject into a really interesting image
Title: Re: Possibilities
Post by: sdwilsonsct on December 23, 2011, 01:55:21 pm
I like the variance in wave definition -- you must have tried a few exposure lengths.
I have mixed feelings about the left-hand side. Yes, it's a distraction, but on the other hand it tells us something about the environment and makes this more natural than abstract.
Scott