Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: Etrsi_645 on December 16, 2011, 04:24:49 pm

Title: PS CS4: color settings/monitor RGB, is wrong with 2 monitors..
Post by: Etrsi_645 on December 16, 2011, 04:24:49 pm
I open PS on monitor 2 which is my better monitor where the image appears and is edited; some pallets are on monitor 1.  In Color Settings the monitor RGB is using monitor 1's profile instead of monitor 2.   How can I change that?  Also, if the editing screen is switched from monitor to monitor in mid-edit does PS automatically change its monitor RGB to correspond?

thx,

Rick
Title: Re: PS CS4: color settings/monitor RGB, is wrong with 2 monitors..
Post by: dmerger on December 16, 2011, 04:41:30 pm
What OS and video card are you using?
Title: Re: PS CS4: color settings/monitor RGB, is wrong with 2 monitors..
Post by: Etrsi_645 on December 17, 2011, 12:53:52 am
Win 7 Home Premium and Nvidia GeForce GTX 260, driver version 8.17.12.7533
Title: Fixed it...
Post by: Etrsi_645 on December 17, 2011, 03:30:48 am
Had to make display 2 the main display in Windows
Title: Re: PS CS4: color settings/monitor RGB, is wrong with 2 monitors..
Post by: dmerger on December 17, 2011, 09:46:50 am
There may be another option. See: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=54932.msg447995#msg447995

I prefer to have my main display be my inexpensive Acer, which I use for most things, like internet surfing, as well as for my tools in Photoshop.  When working on a photo in PS, I just drag the photo to my good display (NEC).  That way, there is nothing on my NEC but my photo, with all the PS tools etc on my Acer.