Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: douvidl on December 14, 2011, 01:05:04 pm

Title: Epson 3880 ABW
Post by: douvidl on December 14, 2011, 01:05:04 pm
Can/Will anyone recommend a site or thread that explains the mechanics of ABW.  I've read the instructions that came with the printer, but they did not go into any detail or explain what each of the variables do or what effect they have on the final print. 
I know this may seem like a silly request, but to me, the answers are very important.
Thanks in advance for your efforts.
David
Title: Re: Epson 3880 ABW
Post by: Mark D Segal on December 14, 2011, 01:12:28 pm
http://people.csail.mit.edu/ericchan/dp/Epson3800/faq.html (http://people.csail.mit.edu/ericchan/dp/Epson3800/faq.html)

Eric Chan's work on this for the 3800 is the best available and I doubt much has changed in principle with the 3880. He also has references there to other articles (his and from other sites) that complement his own work.
Title: Re: Epson 3880 ABW
Post by: douvidl on December 14, 2011, 02:22:23 pm
Thanks for the response
David