Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: feverdreams on December 10, 2011, 08:17:47 pm
-
Hey Guys,
First post in the forum, I recently purchased a NEC PA271w with the SpectraView II Calibration tool and software. I ran the calibration on the "Photo Editing" setting, as I'm using the monitor for photography. Anyway, after it ran the calibration I noticed it looked to have a red hue to it. So I took a few photos of the screen with my camera, just images with a mostly white background and you can really see the red hue then. So I tried running another calibration and set the white point to 6500K and it's still got a noticeable red hue to it.
If I choose the preset mode on the monitor of "High Bright" not only is it pretty bright but it's nice and white. I was hoping the calibration would appear more like this preset. The High Bright setting has no hues and is a nice clean and bright white. I would edit in this setting, however i'm not sure if its color correct being a preset mode and all.
I was hoping if anyone had a link to some preset settings that were good for this monitor, or if someone had this monitor and got similar results? A lot of the editing I do is portraiture and white isolated studio work. Thanks for any info you guys can share, I appreciate it.
Trevor.
-
Based upon my personal experience, I would suspect something is wrong with the colorimeter. I have both the LCD2690WUXi and the PA271W. I had previously owned the Gretag Macbeth (now XRite) colorimeter that I used for a couple of years with Spectraview II. It suddenly started giving me calibration results that were just "off" - I believe with a red shift but can't remember for sure. Any way, replacing the colorimeter with the NEC branded and calibrated colorimeter fixed the problem. It may be that you just got a bad puck right out of the box.