Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Mark Potter on December 09, 2011, 01:08:33 pm

Title: Z3100 24" formatter board problems - need suggestions!
Post by: Mark Potter on December 09, 2011, 01:08:33 pm

My 24" HP Z3100 started showing the 79:06 (if I remember) and after researching online it seems to be the hard drive on the formatter board. I was able to locate a service tech that refurbishes them (fixes/replaces HD) but he told me that he was not able to do mine because it's a 24" model and the borrowed 24" drive he was trying to make an disk image from has bed sectors so it won't work...

So that leaves my needing a refurbished or new formatter board and I am finding prices from $700 - $1800+ for a new one. Would anyone have a suggestion on either getting mine refurbished or a good online source that I can order one thru?
Title: Re: Z3100 24" formatter board problems - need suggestions!
Post by: kaelaria on December 10, 2011, 01:00:54 am
Hmmm maybe I should image mine and start a new business using SSDs!
Title: Re: Z3100 24" formatter board problems - need suggestions!
Post by: Mark Potter on December 10, 2011, 01:09:22 am
Hmmm maybe I should image mine and start a new business using SSDs!

I'll be your first customer!
Title: Re: Z3100 24" formatter board problems - need suggestions!
Post by: Thomas Krüger on December 10, 2011, 02:19:24 am
Is it possible to compile a short manual how to do a backup and restore of the disc image?
Title: Re: Z3100 24" formatter board problems - need suggestions!
Post by: Rocco Penny on December 10, 2011, 09:31:09 am
Hi there,
yes there are many options for the formatter.
All very expensive.
The real guys in California are Everprint.
They've got your formatter.
I'm guessing a refurbished one will top $500
Find a different etailer w/a new one and I've seen them for more than that too
Everprint will deliver via UPS and the same man always answers my calls.
A good experience for me
Good luck
Title: Re: Z3100 24" formatter board problems - need suggestions!
Post by: Mark Potter on December 10, 2011, 01:28:05 pm
Is it possible to compile a short manual how to do a backup and restore of the disc image?

I'm sure there is, but i don't know the procedure. From what the guy said who was working on it that HP codes their drives so I don't know if it can be attached to a computer to make the image?
Title: Re: Z3100 24" formatter board problems - need suggestions!
Post by: Mark Potter on December 10, 2011, 01:33:27 pm
Hi there,
yes there are many options for the formatter.
All very expensive.
The real guys in California are Everprint.
They've got your formatter.
I'm guessing a refurbished one will top $500
Find a different etailer w/a new one and I've seen them for more than that too
Everprint will deliver via UPS and the same man always answers my calls.
A good experience for me
Good luck

Rocco, thanks for pointing me to Everprint. Their refurbished formatter boards are 1100+ but at least it some kind of solution.
Title: Re: Z3100 24" formatter board problems - need suggestions!
Post by: kaelaria on December 10, 2011, 04:50:24 pm
There are some on ebay, for $750+ but I don't see all models available.  I have been searching with no luck as to any further details to what if any protection is on the drive.  If I had confidence it could be done I would gladly produce a vid showing how.  But as it stands I'm not risking $750 to do so.