Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Rob C on December 09, 2011, 11:35:59 am

Title: New National Anthem?
Post by: Rob C on December 09, 2011, 11:35:59 am
Can't remember if I asked this before, but I'll suggest it now. At least us foreigners would recognize it...

http://youtu.be/NZqVJuPNchY

;-)

Rob C
Title: Re: New National Anthem?
Post by: mediumcool on December 10, 2011, 04:05:29 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8i5PEhtWzY may be a bit better.

The perennially gorgeous Linda Rondstadt proving she can belt out the blues, and a couple of blow-ins (Julian Lennon and a healthy-looking Keef) and the great R. Cray being very discreet.

Whatever one thinks of certain aspects of US culture, the music is eternal.
Title: Re: New National Anthem?
Post by: Rob C on December 10, 2011, 09:33:26 am
Yes that one's already well established on my list - at least for as long as youtube's able to hold onto it.

You might care to catch Linda Gail Lewis too; as Jerry Lee's little sister she's absorbed everything he does and adds a certain feminine thing he can't (just as well!). She doesn't sing too well, but her piano and enthusiasm more than make up for it. Wish I could do either, the singing or the piano. Without a doubt, had I those talents, photography wouldn't have had a chance in my life.

I've been amazed to see how many other U.S. musicians with whom 'Keef''s played.

Another video that excites me every time is this:

http://youtu.be/YaKl2ec4J_w

She does another with Rod Stuart that's very nice too.

Rob C


Title: Re: New National Anthem?
Post by: mediumcool on December 10, 2011, 10:48:29 am
You might care to catch Linda Gail Lewis too; as Jerry Lee's little sister she's absorbed everything he does and adds a certain feminine thing he can't (just as well!). She doesn't sing too well, but her piano and enthusiasm more than make up for it. Wish I could do either, the singing or the piano. Without a doubt, had I those talents, photography wouldn't have had a chance in my life.

Anyone who performs with the Belfast Cowboy is OK by me!