Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Michael West on December 09, 2011, 10:46:48 am

Title: Laughably simple Photoshop tool Issue
Post by: Michael West on December 09, 2011, 10:46:48 am
Somehow I have managed to reverse the "polarity" of the Magnifying Glass tool in photoshop

its default now, rather than magnifying is reducing the size of an image.

How can I reset this function? and perhaps as importantly how did I unknowingly force the "polarity" switch in the first place?

Thank you.
Title: Re: Laughably simple Photoshop tool Issue
Post by: walter.sk on December 09, 2011, 01:01:05 pm
The Alt key in Photoshop serves to reverse the way many tools work.  As far as PS now having the magnifying tool default to the "reduce" setting, all I can think of is that your PS preferences file somehow got trashed and you need to generate a new one.  I think you start Photoshop with Control-Shift held down, but I don't remember if that's the combination.
Title: Re: Laughably simple Photoshop tool Issue
Post by: fdisilvestro on December 09, 2011, 01:41:31 pm
When you select the "Magnifying Glass tool" there should be a toolbar with its control.

Just clik on the "+" sign (shown in the attached image)


Title: Re: Laughably simple Photoshop tool Issue
Post by: Michael West on December 10, 2011, 10:58:09 am
When you select the "Magnifying Glass tool" there should be a toolbar with its control.

Just clik on the "+" sign (shown in the attached image)




 I had never noticed these icons in the toolbar, and evidently inadvertantly hit the minus icon in a rush to perform some other task

THANK YOU.