Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: joneil on December 07, 2011, 04:42:11 pm
-
I often check the government of Canada used and surplus sales web site. They often have some good photographic gear come up for sale, but recent offerings sure got me thinking.
Now full disclosure first - yes, I do own and use a Tachihara 4x5, but I also just bought a new Nikon D7000 yesterday. On a side note, the D7000 is almost sold out here in Canada, shortages due to the floods in Thailand.
anyhow, take a look at this:
used film Nikon with lens- $100
https://www.gcsurplus.ca/mn-eng.cfm?snc=wfsav&sc=enc-bid&scn=87034&lcn=231111&lct=L&srchtype=&lci=&str=21<nf=1&frmsr=1&sf=ferm-clos
used DGITIAL Nikon SLRs, with NO lens 15 of them - $300 for all of them
https://www.gcsurplus.ca/mn-eng.cfm?snc=wfsav&sc=enc-bid&scn=86197&lcn=230273&lct=L&srchtype=&lci=&str=1<nf=1&frmsr=1&sf=ferm-clos
used MF Hassleblad with lens - $150
https://www.gcsurplus.ca/mn-eng.cfm?snc=wfsav&sc=enc-bid&scn=86391&lcn=230476&lct=L&srchtype=&lci=&str=11<nf=1&frmsr=1&sf=ferm-clos
another used Hassy with more accessories - $250
https://www.gcsurplus.ca/mn-eng.cfm?snc=wfsav&sc=enc-bid&scn=86390&lcn=230474&lct=L&srchtype=&lci=&str=1<nf=1&frmsr=1&sf=ferm-clos
and then....
Used large format Lindhof, 4x5 sheet film camera with one lens - minimum
bid starting at $1,500.00
https://www.gcsurplus.ca/mn-eng.cfm?snc=wfsav&sc=enc-bid&scn=86093&lcn=230177&lct=L&srchtype=&lci=&str=21<nf=1&frmsr=1&sf=ferm-clos
Like I said, no flames please, I used both digital and 4x5, but hey, interesting, eh?
:)
-
I don't get it. Minimum bid price don't really tell me much. When I sell on Ebay, I often set the starting bid price absurdly low, like $9.99, fully knowing that the final price is going to be 50 times that; it's just a way of getting many people involved in the bid and increasing "heat". That tends to work well with more popular items.
-
I’m not excited, not least because I am in Australia, and post from Canada is extremely tardy.
However, the Nikon is a very old 5MP model, and the Hasselblads are even older with mostly chrome lenses. So.
???