Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: jbcreative on December 07, 2011, 09:42:29 am
-
I recently did a job printing fine art reproduction prints using Epson's Cold Press Bright roll paper. I purchased on a recommendation from my supplier. It has great texture and is very bright, but I can't stop it from curling. No matter what I do, it goes back to curling. It is a post-production nightmare.
Are there any recommendations on other fine art papers with a similar texture and brightness, but not as thick? I need it to be on a roll and no wider than 44".
-
From my limited experience just about any roll paper is going to curl. Depending on the size you need, you may prefer sheets instead of rolls.
-
Have you tried a D-Roller? We recently purchased one from Shades of Paper and it's been great to have around the shop.
-
Print curling is one of the biggest reasons why printers do not like paper in rolls.
-
Back roll it on an empty core, or create your own "d-roller" by taping a piece of paper to an empty core. Generally it only needs to sit back rolled for 15 to 30 minutes to take the curl out.
Much less hassle to back roll, than to hand feed individual sheets.
-
If you don“t have a D-Roller (or similar) you'll have to go for big sheets.
Canson have most of their papers in 24x36" and some in 36x44".
Museo also.
/Sven