Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 02, 2011, 11:20:29 am

Title: Fuji's Latest Camera Guarantees Better Skin Color
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 02, 2011, 11:20:29 am
Oooops... it is not a camera, it is... wait.... wait... skin care cosmetics (http://www.bjp-online.com/british-journal-of-photography/news/2129556/fujifilm-moves-worldwide-beatuty-market-astalift-range)!?

Wasn't it Olympus who actually bought a skin care company as well? Come to think of it, it makes perfect sense: why would camera makers let Adobe take care of the skin of their subjects when they can do it too ;-)


Title: Re: Fuji's Latest Camera Guarantees Better Skin Color
Post by: francois on December 02, 2011, 11:40:37 am
Interesting... I didn't know that Olympus was in that business too. Now, let's see what Canon & Nikon come up with!
Title: Re: Fuji's Latest Camera Guarantees Better Skin Color
Post by: RFPhotography on December 02, 2011, 11:42:36 am
Yamaha makes motorcycles and pianos.
Title: Re: Fuji's Latest Camera Guarantees Better Skin Color
Post by: Chairman Bill on December 02, 2011, 12:27:10 pm
Yamaha also make very good guitars. Like my SG700s

Title: Re: Fuji's Latest Camera Guarantees Better Skin Color
Post by: Justan on December 02, 2011, 01:31:56 pm
Oooops... it is not a camera, it is... wait.... wait... skin care cosmetics (http://www.bjp-online.com/british-journal-of-photography/news/2129556/fujifilm-moves-worldwide-beatuty-market-astalift-range)!?

Wasn't it Olympus who actually bought a skin care company as well? Come to think of it, it makes perfect sense: why would camera makers let Adobe take care of the skin of their subjects when they can do it too ;-)


It’s odd that you’d mock a company for diversifying. I gather the concept is beyond you.

Many successful companies diversify. The skin care industry is hugely lucrative and a natural for a group which has talent with so many different types of chemistry production and related processing.

You would evidently be surprised to learn that Fuji also controls Toyama Chemical (amongst other groups it controls) which works in a variety of pharmaceuticals. They (other Fuji holdings) also do work in a variety of life science related fields.

But think nothing of that, and don’t strain your vast intellect by even trying.
Title: Re: Fuji's Latest Camera Guarantees Better Skin Color
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 02, 2011, 03:09:39 pm
Oh, my!

I wonder, Nancy, which buttons of yours am I pushing so that my humorous take on a news item results in your assault on my "vast intellect"?
Title: Re: Fuji's Latest Camera Guarantees Better Skin Color
Post by: Rob C on December 02, 2011, 05:51:02 pm
Oh shit.

Rob C
Title: Re: Fuji's Latest Camera Guarantees Better Skin Color
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 02, 2011, 06:03:51 pm
What, you lost your usual eloquence, Rob? ;)
Title: Re: Fuji's Latest Camera Guarantees Better Skin Color
Post by: jeremypayne on December 02, 2011, 06:04:49 pm
It’s odd that you’d mock a company for diversifying. I gather the concept is beyond you.

Many successful companies diversify.

I'll mock them.

I'll ask you then ... since you see the value in this 'diversification' ... what is the synergy and strategic rationale for such diversification?

As an investor, I'm perfectly capable of creating 'diversification' in my own portfolio ... I don't need managers diversifying into unrelated businessess that often create "dis-synergy" and inefficiencies.

Or ... you could just lighten up and stop posing.
Title: Re: Fuji's Latest Camera Guarantees Better Skin Color
Post by: RFPhotography on December 05, 2011, 04:03:39 pm
Many industrials have diversified interests.  In North America it's more typical to see it within an industry sector rather than across sectors.  It's been done here, of course.  RJR-Nabisco is a famous (unsuccessful) case.  In Japan it's more common for diversification across sectors.  So you get these kinds of seemingly odd business segments under the same corporate roof.  It's fairly common in Korean industrials too, although I think to a lesser extent.