Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Glenn Bartley on November 29, 2011, 09:02:48 pm

Title: Band-tailed Manakin (Peru)
Post by: Glenn Bartley on November 29, 2011, 09:02:48 pm
These guys are CRAZY! They bounce around on branches trying to impressive the ladies at their display sites. It is hilarious to watch. I filmed them as well so if you are keen to check em out in action:

http://youtu.be/0QEm9FT-mJA

I hope you enjoy this little guy :)

(http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/1747/bandtailedmanakin01.jpg)

Camera Model: Canon EOS 7D
Shutter speed: 1/200 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Exposure compensation: -1/3
Flash: On
ISO: 800
Focal length: 500mm + 1.4x
Title: Re: Band-tailed Manakin (Peru)
Post by: Lloyd Mayeda on November 30, 2011, 07:21:55 pm
Quote
I hope you enjoy this little guy Smiley

I did enjoy that little guy and your very well done and informative video.

It was also great to put a face to a name and see you and your camera in action.

Thanks for sharing.
Title: Re: Band-tailed Manakin (Peru)
Post by: fineartphotos on December 11, 2011, 01:05:15 pm
Looks like your Peru trip have paid off.
Great shots of birds, colorful and exotic that I have never seen before.
Have you ever tried to create black and white photos of birds?

I repeat it to all my students that black and white will teach you to see important elements of great photograph such as lighting, composition, texture , form shapes.
Photographing birds must be very different from landscape and catching the moment is one of the most important things I bet but I advise you to shoot some plack and white and see how you like it.

Great photographs
Title: Re: Band-tailed Manakin (Peru)
Post by: Matt S on December 11, 2011, 05:01:13 pm
Fantastic capture.
Super sharp and great creamy bokeh.