Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: bozhidar on November 22, 2011, 04:32:47 am

Title: Epson 9900 prints smaller than the file
Post by: bozhidar on November 22, 2011, 04:32:47 am
Hello,
I am new to the LFP and I have a problem occuring with my 9900. I have a file with a size 70 cm on the long side, I have printed 10 files and some of them are 69.5, 69.4, 68.9. Do you have any any idea, is it possible the step that is moving the paper down to be changing and be different everytime, so it gives these small differences? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Title: Re: Epson 9900 prints smaller than the file
Post by: Farmer on November 22, 2011, 04:55:02 am
What media are you printing to?  What driver settings?  The driver setting takes into account the thickness of the media (among other things) so that it feeds through the correct amount.  If there's a mismatch, then you will have a problem.  If you're using third party media, you may need to make adjustments in the driver settings.

Essentially, the printer should be accurate and consistent to within 1mm over 1m, so you should not see the variations that you are (assuming no settings are changing between prints).