Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Josh-H on November 16, 2011, 05:42:54 am

Title: The Best 75 Covers of Life from 75 Years
Post by: Josh-H on November 16, 2011, 05:42:54 am
http://www.life.com/gallery/66711/image/ugc1384691/the-75-best-life-covers-of-all-time#index/75 (http://www.life.com/gallery/66711/image/ugc1384691/the-75-best-life-covers-of-all-time#index/75)
Title: Re: The Best 75 Covers of Life from 75 Years
Post by: RSL on November 16, 2011, 07:10:36 am
Thanks, Josh. I remember a lot of them. I was six when that first issue came out, with Margaret Bourke-White's splendid graphic on the cover. Full disclosure: I don't remember that one.
Title: Re: The Best 75 Covers of Life from 75 Years
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 16, 2011, 10:13:00 am
It's a great set of images.

For some of them it's hard to imagine how they could have been made before the days of PhotoShop.

Thanks for the link.

Eric
Title: Re: The Best 75 Covers of Life from 75 Years
Post by: Josh-H on November 16, 2011, 04:30:51 pm
Russ, I am not old enough to remember many of them. But I found myself really preferring the photographs from the older issues. They just seemed stronger and more 'intense' to me. The cover with the german soldier particularly stuck in my mind. Some wonderful photography.