Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: walter.sk on November 14, 2011, 11:57:12 am

Title: Roll paper thickness
Post by: walter.sk on November 14, 2011, 11:57:12 am
I'm using the Epson 4900 and want to know if other users of the 4000 series printers have used rolls of paper as heavy as 310gsm successfully.

What is the heaviest roll paper you have been able to use?  I don't understand what the Epson 4900 user's manual means when it says "Rolls: 17-24 lb (64-90g/sm)"  That would seem to rule out any professionally desirable paper.

I would like to get a roll of Canson Infinity Baryta Photographique, 310 gsm.
Title: Re: Roll paper thickness
Post by: Alan Goldhammer on November 14, 2011, 12:26:55 pm
The Epson Signature worth papers (Hot & Cold Press) are heavier and thicker than the Canson paper you note so I'm sure that the Canson will pose no problem for your printer. 
Title: Re: Roll paper thickness
Post by: walter.sk on November 14, 2011, 12:51:16 pm
Duh!  I should have thought of that!  Thanks.