Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: hjsesq on November 13, 2011, 02:47:53 pm

Title: Epson 750 Scanner
Post by: hjsesq on November 13, 2011, 02:47:53 pm
I recently acquired a Epson 750 Scanner.  I am attempting to use the Epson software to scan transparencies and when I change the output size the output does not change from the original size of the transparency.  I first do a preview and then when scanning change the output size.  I have on some occasions had the initial transparency in the holder come out the requested size but no others even though all of the slides have been checked on the preview.  Would appreciate any suggestions.   

Harris
Title: Re: Epson 750 Scanner
Post by: mediumcool on November 15, 2011, 08:42:00 am
Epson software is lame and somewhat obtuse.

If you use OSX, Image Capture is a free Apple app that can operate scanners.

Otherwise, you could try VueScan (http://www.hamrick.com/) or Silverfast (http://www.silverfast.com/).
Title: Re: Epson 750 Scanner
Post by: Ellis Vener on November 16, 2011, 09:25:35 pm
What PPI resolution  are you scanning at?
Title: Re: Epson 750 Scanner
Post by: jerryrock on November 17, 2011, 12:20:07 am
I believe the output size and resolution must be set prior to starting the image preview. There really is no reason to change the output size when scanning a transparency, just increase the resolution.
Title: Re: Epson 750 Scanner
Post by: hermosaguy on November 21, 2011, 12:00:04 am
Have you tried using Vue scan software?