Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: cerett on November 13, 2011, 09:12:01 am

Title: Chart of available papers
Post by: cerett on November 13, 2011, 09:12:01 am
Does anyone know where I can get an up to date comparative chart or list of all available inkjet papers and their characteristics (thickness, D-max, etc.)?
Title: Re: Chart of available papers
Post by: howardm on November 13, 2011, 09:37:27 am
Neil has about the best list going although I don't think it's been updated in the last 12 months (but on the other side of the coin, there havent been that many new papers either).  I think he's on this forum so he'll probably comment.

And at the end of it all, just like most of us, you'll settle into maybe 4-6 papers thats you like.  The every/all paper request is impossible as there
are simply too many and in fact many of them are repackages. 

http://www.danecreekfolios.com/inkjet-paper-list/

Title: Re: Chart of available papers
Post by: neile on November 13, 2011, 09:48:17 am
Yup, that's the link, thanks Howard. I haven't updated in a while because, as you say, there haven't been any interesting new papers out lately. I have some sample packs still to process for Parrot papers and a couple of others, maybe when I'm back from vacation in a few weeks I'll get 'em added.

Neil
Title: Re: Chart of available papers
Post by: howardm on November 13, 2011, 10:11:45 am
Well, I'll put a vote in for more Moab, in particular, the Lasal Exhib. Lustre and Slickrock   :)
Title: Re: Chart of available papers
Post by: neile on November 13, 2011, 09:48:17 pm
Slickrock is identical to the other metallic papers on the market. Use the Red River Polar Pearl Metallic entry and you're covered.

For the others, the sample pack I had didn't have them :(

Neil