Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: fineartphotos on November 11, 2011, 12:24:47 am

Title: Would you spend money on black and white artistic photography.
Post by: fineartphotos on November 11, 2011, 12:24:47 am
1.(http://www.rafalmaleszyk.com/fine+art+plastic/fine_art_photo.jpg)
2.(http://www.rafalmaleszyk.com/fine+art+plastic/fine_art_foto.jpg)
3.(http://www.rafalmaleszyk.com/fine+art+plastic/photography_black_white.jpg)
4.(http://www.rafalmaleszyk.com/fine+art+plastic/veil_art_photography.jpg)
5.(http://www.rafalmaleszyk.com/fine+art+plastic/bodi_fine_art.jpg)
Title: Re: Would you spend money on black and white artistic photography.
Post by: chez on November 11, 2011, 08:49:12 am
I would not. Give me "natural" deep moody B&W images and I might purchase. Give me obviously manipulated images and I quickly get bored. But that is just me.
Title: Re: Would you spend money on black and white artistic photography.
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 11, 2011, 09:38:37 am
It depends on your definition of "artistic."

I have collected B&W prints by Ansel Adams, Edward Weston, Minor White, and Paul Caponigro, among many others. Each print was chosen not for the name of the photographer but for what I perceived to be its artistic value to me, personally.

At the time I was still acquiring, the only photgrapher whose work sometimes appeared to be significantly manipulated was Clarence John Laughlin, but I have always admired the obviously manipulated work of Jerry Uelsmann.

Eric
Title: Re: Would you spend money on black and white artistic photography.
Post by: Enda Cavanagh on November 17, 2011, 01:45:57 pm
Rafal
I looked at your website cos they're a bit small here and I have to say some of your work is stunning. I love your use of simple forms to make very strong compositions and I know that's been done to death recently with long exposures. The second shot in particular is so beautiful stunning. I love it. Quite ethereal.