Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: RFPhotography on November 09, 2011, 08:11:53 am

Title: Lightroom Export Folder Selection
Post by: RFPhotography on November 09, 2011, 08:11:53 am
When I try to export a selection of images from LR using Specific Folder (or choose folder later) the only available location that shows up in the hierarchy is my Desktop.  No other folders/drives are visible.  I had this problem once before and managed to resolve it but don't recall now what I did.  I've tried shutting down LR and restarting.  Rebooting the computer and restoring the default export presets.  If I select Export as Catalogue, then my entire folder/drive hierarchy is visible.  Using LR 3.5 on Win7 Pro 64.

Thanks.
Title: Re: Lightroom Export Folder Selection
Post by: leuallen on November 09, 2011, 08:58:09 am
Sounds similar to a problem I had. The solution for me was to reduce the number of items on the Desktop. I cleaned up my Desktop and the problem went away.

Larry
Title: Re: Lightroom Export Folder Selection
Post by: eliedinur on November 09, 2011, 09:05:30 am
If you don't find another solution you could export to a folder on your desktop and then just move the folder to wherever.
Title: Re: Lightroom Export Folder Selection
Post by: john beardsworth on November 09, 2011, 10:10:02 am
There's a funny bug, and it is usually triggered when a lot of files are on the desktop.

Try this. In the folder dialog, at the bottom you can type "D:\" or whatever, and doing so once usually resolves the bug.

John
Title: Re: Lightroom Export Folder Selection
Post by: RFPhotography on November 09, 2011, 12:38:13 pm
Ah ha!  Thanks, John.  Maybe that's what I did last time it happened too, but I honestly can't remember.  It's very odd because it was fine last night and nothing changed on the desktop this morning.  Ah well, Windoze.  ::)