Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: OnyimBob on November 08, 2011, 04:02:06 am

Title: Over Lake Eyre by Ric Wallis
Post by: OnyimBob on November 08, 2011, 04:02:06 am
Anybody in or close to Melbourne Australia should try to catch this exhibition by Ric Wallis (http://www.eleven40.com.au/index.php/exhibitions/over-lake-eyre.html) at the Eleven40 gallery in Malvern Road.
The images are stunning - only two or three are framed so the prints on matte paper (Canson I think) jump off the wall!
In a couple the detail even from a few inches seems to have texture almost as if it were an oil painting.
I heartily recommend this show.
Congratulations to Ric.
Bob.
Title: Re: Over Lake Eyre by Ric Wallis
Post by: michswiss on November 08, 2011, 05:21:23 pm
I'm in Melbourne, so I really should try and get there.  Thanks for the heads up.
Title: Re: Over Lake Eyre by Ric Wallis
Post by: flynnyfalcon on November 25, 2011, 10:05:37 am
Definitely worth a look if you're in the neighbourhood.  I believe it's on for another week.

A very painterly feel about them.

Great work Ric  ;D