Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: onceaclimber on November 07, 2011, 06:24:50 pm

Title: PK Sharepener: Same settings but different results between differnt versions
Post by: onceaclimber on November 07, 2011, 06:24:50 pm
I recently looked back at some output files that were sharpened with PK Sharpener version 1, and compared them to some newly processed output files sharpened with PK Sharpener version 2 of the same image.  I know I was using the same settings as I used before, the but the files sharpened with version 1 looked more highly sharpened.  I realized that the default opacity settings for the sharpeneing layer in version 2 are 50% so I changed them to 100%, and got closer to the old files, but not quite exactly the same.

Anyone else notice this?
Title: Re: PK Sharepener: Same settings but different results between differnt versions
Post by: francois on November 08, 2011, 08:10:33 am

I'm not surprised, the algorithms must have been improved/changed from version 1. You should contact Pixel Genius's support and see what they suggest or spend some time and find settings that you fit your needs.
Title: Re: PK Sharepener: Same settings but different results between differnt versions
Post by: digitaldog on November 08, 2011, 01:44:34 pm
As far as I know, all legacy operations should be the same although yes, Mac did clean up a lot of stuff between versions. And yes, you MUST view the final results of the two versions in Photoshop at 100%.

Its pretty easy to test and see the differences one two identical images as shown here:
http://digitaldog.net/files/Apply_Image.pdf