Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: John LeClair on November 06, 2011, 02:20:25 pm

Title: Wireless Transfer of Photos as they are taken to IPAD
Post by: John LeClair on November 06, 2011, 02:20:25 pm
Curious.
Is there any method to transfer photos wirelessly directly to an IPAD as they are taken.
Are there any 3rd party solutions to execute this ?
Would find this ability from my Nikon D700 most helpful.
Possibly I am wishing for too much ?

I have looked at Epson Multimedia Storage Drive, Viewer, and Audio-Video Player w/ 4-Inch LCD, but the old eyes need a slightly larger screen.
And I believe that image files need to be transferred via switching memory cards or a USB connection.   

Thanks,
John LeClair

Title: Re: Wireless Transfer of Photos as they are taken to IPAD
Post by: Paul Sumi on November 06, 2011, 03:55:47 pm

http://www.eye.fi/products/iphone

Title: Re: Wireless Transfer of Photos as they are taken to IPAD
Post by: DeeJay on November 06, 2011, 04:25:04 pm
Those Eye Fi cards aren't so great in a professional environment. I use a Canon Wireless Trasmitter (wft) with iPad. Nikon make the same kind of thing.

The app you use is Shuttersnitch. Works great even on location. The canon WFT's you can use an Ad Hoc connection so the device just talks direct to your iPad or wireless card on laptop or computer.

Slow and tricky to set up but once sorted it's great.

Totally the future.