Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: David Eichler on November 04, 2011, 10:26:16 pm

Title: Lightroom 3 Web Galleries Problem
Post by: David Eichler on November 04, 2011, 10:26:16 pm
I haven't tried working with Web Galleries in LR 3 until now. They worked fine in LR2. Now with LR3  this module becomes unresponsive with every gallery except the default LR html gallery. RAM usage goes sky high: as high as 5.75mb, when it normally does not go over about 3.5mb, and that only occasionally. When I move to another module after the Web module, the RAM usage stays extremely high. Also CPU usage is quite high, though not maxing out consistently on both cores. 3 year old iMac. 8mb RAM. OS 10.6.7. I have had LR3 for awhile.
Title: Re: Lightroom 3 Web Galleries Problem
Post by: David Eichler on November 04, 2011, 10:58:03 pm
I think I just solved the problem by trashing the LR3 preference file, but I'll leave this up in case anyone else has a problem with it.  However, maybe still a problem. I can access all of the Web templates now, but they seem to want to include my whole catalog even though I only have one photo selected.
Title: Re: Lightroom 3 Web Galleries Problem
Post by: RFPhotography on November 05, 2011, 08:28:08 am
I work in a Windoze environment, but at the bottom of the gallery screen (middle pane) there's a dropdown menu titled "Use:"  Click the arrow and it allows you to select 'All filmstrip photos', 'Selected photos' or 'Flagged photos'. 
Title: Re: Lightroom 3 Web Galleries Problem
Post by: Richowens on November 05, 2011, 11:22:09 am
The letter "T" will toggle the tool bar if not visible.
Title: Re: Lightroom 3 Web Galleries Problem
Post by: RFPhotography on November 05, 2011, 12:16:02 pm
Yes.  Should've included that.  Thanks!