Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: cats_five on November 04, 2011, 07:04:58 am
-
I think this is just with one image - I have tried a few other recently edited PSDs and JPGs and they are OK. I renamed the printer and suspect this is the problem.
The printers are there in control panel, the problem doesn't exist for other applications or other images in CS4, I have tried deleting the preferences file and renaming the printer back but no joy. Deleting and reinstalling the printer didn't help either and yes, it has the latest drivers. I've also checked the EXIF and couldn't see anything that might have been the culprit.
Other people have had this problem but no clear solution seems to have emerged.
It's like it has a setting in the image, somewhere, that points to the old printer name. I have tried renaming the printer back to what it was, no joy, so it's a little more subtle than just having the printer name there.
-
That's a weird anomaly! What you might try is creating new document in PS and copy and paste the image from the old one and see if that will solve the printing problem.
Good Luck,
Ed
-
Indeed it does - thankfully it wasn't something with lots of layers - but I'd love to know what the problem with the original was.