Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: EMay on November 02, 2011, 06:22:37 pm

Title: Epson 7900 set up
Post by: EMay on November 02, 2011, 06:22:37 pm
Hello All,  finally moved on from an Epson 4000 and now I'm just setting up a new 7900 and wanted to see if there was any advice from you on what I should be aware of while running it. Menu suggestions, loading, cleaning, etc.
Also I'm looking forward to printing on canvas and would be interested in hearing what you like to use for landscapes. All replies will be appreciated.
Title: Re: Epson 7900 set up
Post by: Paul2660 on November 02, 2011, 07:39:44 pm
For canvas, I would look at the Breathing Color line up,

Lyve for matte or Crystalline for gloss. 
Lexjet also has a nice lineup of canvas in their Sunset line.

http://www.breathingcolor.com (http://www.breathingcolor.com)
http://www.lexjet.com (http://www.lexjet.com)

Setup on the printer is pretty straight forward.  DTWweb has a series of videos on setting up a 9900 and all the same applies to the 7900.  You can find them by searching their main site:
http://www.dtgweb.com (http://www.dtgweb.com)
Title: Re: Epson 7900 set up
Post by: davidh202 on November 02, 2011, 08:26:58 pm
  I strongly suggest reading the full User Guide not just the quick guide!!!
You will find out everything you need to know .
Pay particular attention to the cautionary statements and tips printed  in the page margins. ;)

David
Title: Re: Epson 7900 set up
Post by: EMay on November 02, 2011, 08:57:36 pm
David and Paul -Thank you