Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: wolfnowl on October 30, 2011, 01:17:12 am

Title: Cosmic Communist Constructions Photographed
Post by: wolfnowl on October 30, 2011, 01:17:12 am
Thought this might be of interest to some of the architecture photographers.  An interesting read from the looks of it, and some of the buildings border on haunting, bizarre even.

http://www.taschen.com/pages/en/catalogue/photography/all/05744/facts.frederic_chaubin_cosmic_communist_constructions_photographed.htm

Mike.
Title: Re: Cosmic Communist Constructions Photographed
Post by: BobDavid on October 30, 2011, 09:41:46 am
Thanks for posting this. Interesting...
Title: Re: Cosmic Communist Constructions Photographed
Post by: BernardLanguillier on October 30, 2011, 10:00:09 am
Sounds fascinating indeed.

As often with architecture photography, the relationship between the multiple objectivities of the buildings and the subjectivity of the photographer probably has to be considered as a central element of the work.

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: Cosmic Communist Constructions Photographed
Post by: RSL on October 30, 2011, 02:59:31 pm
Thanks, Mike. It's fascinating stuff, and I'm sure it's fascinating no matter how you photograph it, but I have to agree with Bernard that the way it comes off is based on the way the photographer sees it.
Title: Re: Cosmic Communist Constructions Photographed
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on October 30, 2011, 04:23:09 pm
I am a sucker for a clever play on words, so I was initially puzzled by the title, until I realized its acronym is: CCCP :)

P.S. For those not familiar with cyrillic, it would be: USSR
Title: Re: Cosmic Communist Constructions Photographed
Post by: RSL on October 30, 2011, 04:35:54 pm
Actually SSSR, which is the same thing.
Title: Re: Cosmic Communist Constructions Photographed
Post by: brianrybolt on November 01, 2011, 06:38:27 am
Thanks for the post.  Interesting and informative.

Brian