Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: markhout on October 28, 2011, 09:52:53 pm

Title: HDR processing - how to avoid blooming?
Post by: markhout on October 28, 2011, 09:52:53 pm
Processing in Photomatix - 3 files (-2,0,+2) from a D7000. The extreme contrast edges - see in the example the black rocks in the background that contrast with the sky in the right half - are blooming. The effect is nice, but unintended, and I want to be able to at least better control it.

How can I avoid this during Photomatix processing? Or should I shoot more images (like -2, -1, 0, +1, +2) on location? The D7000 normally has plenty of leeway to cover the brightness range in 3 shots.

Thoughts appreciated.

Mark

(http://www.markhout.com/blooming.jpg)
(Nikon D7000, 50mm 1.8 G, Lightroom, Photomatix through the LR plugin, Silver Efex Pro 2)
Title: Re: HDR processing - how to avoid blooming?
Post by: RFPhotography on October 29, 2011, 07:26:32 am
Can you post the original brackets?