Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: keith_cooper on October 23, 2011, 03:37:16 pm
-
I've written up some notes on the Epson SP4900, after Epson UK kindly let me one for a few weeks.
http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/reviews/printer/epson_sp4900.html
It's a very nice printer to use, although it perhaps stretches the definition of 'desktop' for the average desk ;-)
Hope it's of interest
-
Fine write-up Keith.
-
Thanks Mark - I had to wait a while for Epson UK to get one to send out (it came in a huge flight case on wheels)
I will say it's getting much more difficult to pick visible/meaningful differences in printers as quality is improving.
-
I will say it's getting much more difficult to pick visible/meaningful differences in printers as quality is improving.
That was basically my finding when I wrote my review for this website getting close to a year ago, http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/the_epson_4900_printer_hands_on_and_down_to_work.shtml, and the addendum in February of this year: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/epson_4900_printer_review___addendum_february_2011.shtml. As you mentioned, it's becoming more and more important to get good quality files into the printer, because it tends to "see" things that I can actually miss looking at the image on the display. There's something unique - and more demanding - about seeing an image on good paper from a good printer.